Beachy Head Lighthouse
Title: Beachy Head Lighthouse
Description: Although a light has been shining at Beachy Head since at least 1670, James Walker built a lighthouse here in 1828. Located on the top of the cliff, this 47ft (14 metre) high tower was in use until 1899, although it was often obscured by fog or low cloud. The current lighthouse is located at the foot of the cliff where the air is often clearer and the light shines 25 miles (40 km) out to sea. Currently standing at a height of 142 feet (43 metres), the white flashing light is complemented by an audible signal which operates every 30 seconds when foggy.
Address: , , Beachy Head, East Sussex