Coultershaw Beam Pump
Title: Coultershaw Beam Pump
Description: Built in 1782 to supply Petworth House and town, this waterwheel-driven pump has been restored by the Sussex Industrial Archaeology Society and is now fully working. Located next to an attractive millpond the pump takes water the 1.5 miles (2.4km) from the River Rother and pumps it vertically 150 feet (46 metres). A display centre is provided in a barn that was moved here from Goodwood.
Address: Station Road, Coultershaw, Nr Petworth, West Sussex