Parham House and Gardens
Parks & Gardens
Title: Parham House and Gardens
Description: Carefully restored in the 1920s, this typical 'E' shaped Elizabethan house was built in 1577 for Sir Thomas Palmer, a London merchant. It is located north of the South Downs in a massive deer park. Treasures inside include china, tapestries, furniture and a collection of Elizabethan and Stuart portraits. The grounds included a 4-acre (1.6-hectare) walled garden, orchard, eighteenth-century landscaped garden, lake, brick & turf maze and pleasure pond.
Address: Parham Park, Parham, Nr. Pulborough, West Sussex
Post Code: RH20 4HS