Title: Slindon Estate
Description: Covering over 3500 acres (1400 hectares) and now owned by the National Trust, Slindon Estate is an area of beautifully unspoiled beech woods and farmland. Once owned by the Archbishops of Canterbury, the estate is set on the southern slopes of the South Downs at a point where the sea once reached; a shingle beach can still be seen in the park. Completely open to the public, a number of paths, including a 3¾-mile (6 km) section of Stane Street (the old Roman road) are available.
Address: Slindon Bottom Road, , Slindon, West Sussex