St John the Divine, Patching
Places Of Worship
Title: St John the Divine, Patching
Description: Dating from the thirteenth century, Patching Church is under the patronage of the Archbishop of Canterbury. Restored in 1889 by Henry Woodyer, the church still retains a great deal of its Victorian charm. Features include a medieval font, carved wooden pulpit with fifteenth-century panels and exceptional stained glass windows. The oak vestry screen made by Frank Latter is dedicated to the Rector between 1904 and 1909, Reverend H. S. Prior. There is a restored fifteenth-century weather vane and a number of memorials to local farming families as opposed to the more usual gentry.
Address: The Street, , Patching, West Sussex